Gif City (Tournament Edition): three point monocle
Merry basketball Christmas! The tournament if off to a fine start. With 16 games in 12 hours there are bound to be some strange moments. Here are the bench celebrations, nut shots and awkward fans and fist bumps from Thursday’s tournament action.
This is Gif City…a place where I round up the day’s top action in .gif form. Some of them are homemade, some are from around the web. Watch them, enjoy them, send them to your friends. This feature is not for those of you using a dial-up modem. Even if you have Google’s new fiber connection give the page a second to load, you patience will be rewarded. Have I been forGIFful and missed your favorite? Tweet me at @Brennan_Keller.
8. Here’s Greg Gumbel and Ernie kicking the tournament off right with an awkward fist bump handshake thing.
7. You just hit a huge three against to go up four on a team you we’re supposed to demolish. What’s the appropraite bench celebration. Well, it’s three point monocle face of course. Just kidding.
6. Butler’s bench likes the three point monocle too. They just do it a little fancier.
5. St. Mary’s desperately needs a three. So, Beau Levesque lines it up and throws it out of bounds (twice).
4. Chane Behanan blow the dunk. Ya dun goofed.
3. Cal defender reaches for the ball, but gets mostly face.
2. It’s got to be hot in that Ram suit. No wonder this guy’s so sleepy.
1. Crabbe: “He stepped on the lin- oh, dear god…”